Friday, August 10, 2007

What is the difference between Fraxel and Palomar Fractional Resurfacing?

While both offer fractional skin resurfacing treatments, they are very different in the way that Palomar fractional resurfacing is non-ablative and offers little to no downtime in comparison to the one to two weeks of downtime with Fraxel. The Palomar Fractional laser, needs no blue dye or anesthetic which makes the treatment qicker, and less painful to the client. The Palomar Fractional laser also has a built-in cooling mechanism for the skin so that there is very minor discomfort during treatment. The only side effects are slight redness that normally last less than 24 hours. For mor information please contact jennifer@winterparklaser.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had my first Palomar Lux1540 laser treatment yesterday. I asked them to focus on the eyes as well as overall face. The nurse made several passes over the lower areas and sides of the eyes. All day yesterday, I had minor swelling and a little redness -- no big deal. However this morning I woke up to huge pumpkin/boxer face. I am so swollen!!! My eyes look crazy! Am I having a reaction or did I just get a deeper treatment? I know the swelling will subside but this is definitely a "downtime" experience. There would be no way I could go to work or be out in public without people thinking "Whooaa, what happened to her?" Anybody experience the same thing?

Unknown said...

If it was your first treatment, the nurse might have gone too strong for your skin type and for your first time. Typically we start with a lower setting your first treatment, and then incrementally increase it. If you need a second opinion on whether it is normal or not, you can come in complimentary and we would be happy to take a look at it. Swelling is normal, but should not be that extreme. All of our clients do return to work the next day. Also, did you use a topical? If you did, you might have had an allergic reaction to the treatment. We have soothing Physician grade products that reduce a lot of the reddness and swelling post-treatment.

Feel free to contact me for further information,
Jennifer Drinkard
Managing Partner
Winter Park Laser & Anti-Aging Center
(407) 622-2251x2
www.winterparklaser.com